Beware of 'spoilers' from here on down!
Jimmy Hurdstram was born into an unfortunate family. His grandmother died when his mother was young and his grandfather Dirk Hurdstram used to say her death killed the whole family. All of Jimmy's family members either died or went to prison, leaving only him and his grandfather. 
Yellowstone Dutton Ranch
Click here for the main page of the Yellowstone Dutton Ranch.
Jimmy started working on the Yellowstone Dutton Ranch, but not out of interest or for his skills. He went through a bad period in life and had gotten himself into trouble when his grandfather got ranch owner John Dutton to give Jimmy a second chance. This meant that Jimmy had to put a branding iron to his chest to prove he was willing to take this opportunity. 
He had to prove himself when he started working on the ranch. It didn't take the other hands long to notice he was new to the work and he served as a laughing stock at first. After a certain time, he grew close to Avery, one of the other ranch hands, but before he knew it she was gone from the ranch. 
- With his boss's son Kayce and some other ranch hands, Jimmy took part in the hanging of Dan Jenkins, an enemy of the ranch. They could have let him die then and there but used the hanging as a warning and let him go eventually. 
- When in a bar with some of the ranch hands he works with, Jimmy got into a fight with an oil worker pestering Avery. Things got out of hand and to show that the ranch doesn't like being messed with, the crew decided to teach the troublemakers some manners. 
- The past caught up with Jimmy when two old acquaintances asked him for the money that he owed them.  They even went so far as to beat up his grandfather. Within a week he was to pay back $8,000 but he didn't have it.  The only way to get the money seemed to be by exploiting his cowboy skills, but there didn't seem to be any in which he excelled.  Finally, he seemed to be good at rodeoing so he earned some money by participating in an event. 
- After he was assaulted, Jimmy's grandfather, Dirk Hurdstram, died of a ruptured blood vessel in his brain. Jimmy was determined to take revenge and was about to do it his own way when fellow ranch hand Rip Wheeler stopped him from doing so. He and some other ranch hands helped him kill Ray and Blake, his grandfather's killers, in such a way that no one would find out about it. 
Check out the table(s) below to find out in which episodes Jimmy made an appearance.
- O = appeared in this episode
- - = did not appear in this episode
* To be announced
- Season 1, episode 3: No Good Horses
- Season 1, episode 1: Daybreak
- Season 2, episode 6: Blood the Boy
- Season 1, episode 9: The Unravelling: Part 2
- Season 2, episode 1: A Thundering
- Season 2, episode 3: The Reek of Desperation
- Season 2, episode 4: Only Devils Left
- Season 2, episode 5: Touching Your Enemy
- Season 2, episode 9: Enemies by Monday